Beginning Therapy can be challenging, or confusing. It can be difficult to know when to start such a process when unfortunately, stigma can be still associated with this journey. Just know there is no stigma in seeking out care. Every one of us have a mental health we must maintain and keep strong for times of adversity. Just like we have a physical health we must maintain. We don’t want to wait until we are physically ill to go to the doctor. This is why we have annual checkups to maintain good physical health. We should not wait until something, or we feel we have lost control check in with a therapist to ensure we have good mental health. Maintaining a positive mental health is just as important as our physical health.
“Mental health…is not a destination, but a process. It’s about how you drive, not where you’re going.” Noam Shpancer, PhD
These are ONLY five of the feelings to check for when seeking services.
- Feeling Overwhelmed. You might feel like you have too many things to do or too many issues to cope with. You might feel like you can’t rest or even breathe. Not knowing how to manage your stress can leave you feeling overwhelmed and can lead to serious physical health concerns.
- Feelings of Fatigue. This physical symptom often results from or accompanies mental health issues. It can indicate depression. Fatigue can cause you to sleep more than usual or have trouble getting out of bed in the morning.
- Disproportionate rage, anger, or resentment. Everyone feels angry at times. Passing rage isn’t necessarily harmful. When rage, anger or temperament becomes an issue, you are unable to control, or is having a negative impact on your life, and how you get along with others. Seeking support to deal with these feelings may be a good idea before your actions come out as: extreme compared to the situation, if they lead you to take action that does not align with who you are, or potentially harmful actions.
- Feelings of Apathy! Losing interest in usual activities, showing a lack of emotion or life in general.
- Time for a change! Simply ready for change, but don’t know how to get started. Unable to identify what is holding you back. Simply just needing someone to talk too. Just because you would like to begin services. A Therapist can provide a listening ear.
Need help? Contact Heart2Heart today!
Learn more about the services we provide by visiting us at: Heart2heartservice.org